Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Home Made Mother's Day Gifts

Hi All,

Kay and I found some glass candle holders at the Dollar store and blue candles. I used some Vinyl scrap that I had at home to create templates and used etching cream to etch the Word MOM on the Front and a Fluer de lis on the back, then we printed tags on colored paper and used my xylon sticker maker to affix them to cardstock and cut them out and attached them with ribbon.

Here are the pictures of the finished product.

FRONT VIEW

BACK VIEW

TOP VIEW


So The total cost of 1 was about $2.50 each we made 7 of them for my sisters and my mom, we actually liked them so much we are thinking about making a few more to give away to Kay's family too.

5 comments:

  1. They are really cute, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous!!! What wonderful gifts!!!!! They will be so surprised and blessed to receive these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They came out great! These would make great favors for a party or shower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks nice. I like candles and here's a way to coordinate everything in my house

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am commenting on my own gift. They were so good that my father... who even though I am almost 40 years old feels he has to give me advice now and again was chastising me for "Spending way too much!" I explained to him that Kay and I made them and they cost about $3.50 to make. I then asked him how much he thought they would cost and he said $15.00 to $20.00 dollars or more. Hmmmm... maybe I should consider making these and selling them online.

    ReplyDelete